[Buildroot] Where does post-build script belong?

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Fri Mar 16 21:32:22 UTC 2012

Hi,

 >>  If you ask me, BR2_ROOTFS_SKELETON_CUSTOM_PATH is indeed useless and
 >> should be deprecated.

 Thomas> Although I'm not using it myself, I don't think this needs to be
 Thomas> deprecated. I can imagine that there are users who have a
 Thomas> significantly different skeleton that it would be a nuisance to have
 Thomas> to tweak it from a script.

 Thomas> Although we may recommend in the docs to use the post-build script +
 Thomas> rootfs-additions, I would keep the custom option as well.

Agreed. It doesn't add much complexity to BR, and we've had it for a
very long time, so chances are people are using it (E.G. I know some
people at work do).

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard