[Buildroot] Why web search engine wrong for the Buildroot URL

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Fri Mar 2 08:41:50 UTC 2012

 >> It seems we have both a .net and .org address now. The announcements
 >> of 2012.02 use the .net address.
 >> However, personally I would prefer the .org address, which is more
 >> common in open-source projects in my (subjective) experience.

 Thomas> I agree, but, if I remember correctly, we don't "own" the .org domain
 Thomas> name, it is only kindly provided by its owner. So we have no guarantee
 Thomas> of its long-term availability.

Indeed.

 Thomas> Maybe we could discuss with its owner the possibility of
 Thomas> transferring its ownership (and associated costs) to the
 Thomas> Buildroot project?

Yes, I'll email Earl.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard