[Buildroot] Passing compile flags to every component

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Wed Jun 13 22:36:59 UTC 2012

On 06/13/12 23:01, Nicole wrote:
> Sorry if this is a newbie question. Can anyone give me some directions about how to to pass a set of {C{,XX,PP},LD}FLAGS
> to the build of each and every application that will be put on the disk image?

[snip]
> BR2_TARGET_OPTIMIZATION="-pipe"
> BR2_TARGET_LDFLAGS=""

  Those are the buildroot config options you want to modify.

  It's not 100% guaranteed to work for all packages (some packages do explicit
massaging of the CFLAGS passed to them; the Linux kernel is one of them).

  For the -mtune=geode flag, specifically, that should be selected automatically
if you choose geode as the sub-architecture.

  PS: Please avoid posting a full config - do a 'make savedefconfig' and post the
resulting defconfig file.

  Regards,
  Arnout
--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540