[Buildroot] how do I contribute to buildroot

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Jun 6 20:13:30 UTC 2012

Hello Vincent,

Le Wed, 6 Jun 2012 14:28:24 +0100 (BST),
Vincent de RIBOU <vins_bozo at yahoo.fr> a écrit :

> Let me introduce myself.
> I am a long term user of buildroot since 2009-08.
> I am working on decoder/STB buildroot based products for a leader in france.

Welcome!

> I had not really contribute until now to buildroot in committing changes and relevant custom configs.
>
> How do I contribute and have access to push request on Git repo??
> Is it possible??
> Is it reserved to short list committers??
> Am I intended to do patches to be committed by others??

Buildroot works just like the Linux kernel and many other open-source
projects: a single maintainer has write access to the official Git
repositories.

Contributors, even long term contributors, must post patches on the
list, or send pull requests to the maintainer. Patches posted to the
list are preferred since it allows everybody to contribute to the
review and testing effort.

From an introduction on how to contribute to Buildroot, you can have a
look at http://elinux.org/Buildroot_how_to_contribute.

If you have questions, do not hesitate to ask on this list or on the
IRC channel.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons