[Buildroot] Manual password entry for DOWNLOAD_SCP scheme

Steve Goldberg indeliblesteve at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 31 16:47:12 UTC 2012

> Please keep the buildroot mailing list in copy of all mails.

Sorry.  Will try and remember, reply all.
> > This is a summary of the ti-tools.mk.
> >
> > XDC_VERSION=3_16_01_27
> > XDC_SITE=scp://host:/home/steve/TI_Tools
> > XDC_SOURCE=xdctools_setuplinux_$(XDC_VERSION).bin
> >
> > $(DL_DIR)/$(XDC_SOURCE) :
> >         $(call DOWNLOAD_SCP,$(XDC_SITE)/$(XDC_SOURCE))
>
> Note that you should call DOWNLOAD instead of DOWNLOAD_SCP directly.
> This will make sure to respect the primary site and other mechanisms
> that are in place.
I tried this initially but I got "Unsupported scheme `scp'."  When I use DOWNLOAD_SCP directly, it worked.  I think it's because I've placed the package in 'toolchain' not in the 'package' directory as it is technically a toolchain not a target package.
Steve Goldberg