[Buildroot] Manual password entry for DOWNLOAD_SCP scheme

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin+buildroot at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 10:34:53 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Steve Goldberg
<indeliblesteve at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm putting together a TI toolchain package but as some of the required
> packages are export controlled I need to host them on my institutional
> machine to control access.  I think scp is the best choice for this but the
> scp scheme does not prompt for passwords and users who haven't setup
> public-key ssh access are unable to download the packages.  Why does the
> DOWNLOAD_SCP scheme not prompt the user for a password?

In my test, using scp as primary site, it does ask for a password if
one is required.
How have you configured the package? Have you specified a user?

Have you tried running scp manually? Is a password requested there? Is
the same command used as Buildroot does?