[Buildroot] Qt tribulations take 2

Charles Krinke charles.krinke at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 22:00:18 UTC 2012

Dear Julian:

You were right as usual. It was an environment variable. It was
QMAKESPEC which was set by my installation of the TI SDK a week ago. I
should have checked my  .bashrc after installing the SDK, but I did
not expect any environment changes as a result of installing a
toolchain and u-boot source.

I can compile successfully Qt with the buildroot generated toolchain
now. However, that gets me to the next step. When I try to go back to
using TI's external toolchain, I get this error with libtool. I get no
corresponding libtool error with the buildroot compiled toolchain.
Would you be willing to comment on what might be going on here?

Charles

libtool: Version mismatch error.  This is libtool 2.2.10, but the
libtool: definition of this LT_INIT comes from libtool 2.2.6b.
libtool: You should recreate aclocal.m4 with macros from libtool 2.2.10
libtool: and run autoconf again.
make[5]: *** [gcache.lo] Error 63

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 9:25 AM, Julian Lunz <git at jlunz.de> wrote:
> Took your provided config and gave it a try on my machine (32bit-Ubuntu
> 10.04).
> Went through without any hassles :/
> What's your environment?
>

>  On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 08:41:37 -0700
> Charles Krinke <charles.krinke at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> My apologies, Thomas, I did mean buildroot-2012.05 and here is its
>> .config renamed as dotconfig. In the mean time, I am frustrating
>> myself with !#$%* openembedded in an attempt to glean some knowledge
>> about how Qt fits together in an embedded environment as I slide into
>> this new project.
>>
>> Charles
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 7:55 AM, Thomas Petazzoni
>> <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com> wrote:

>> > I presume you wanted to say 2012.05, right?

>> > Please send your Buildroot .config file.
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>> >
>> > Thomas
>> > --
>> > Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
>> > Kernel, drivers, real-time and embedded Linux
>> > development, consulting, training and support.
>> > http://free-electrons.com

Charles Krinke