[Buildroot] Buildroot and top-level parallel make

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Sat Jul 14 21:37:48 UTC 2012

On 07/13/12 12:34, Alex Bradbury wrote:

>> >  Thomas, I was wondering if you'd been able to recall what issues your
>> >  initial experiments with top-level parallel make faced?
> I hate to be a pain...but ping?

  I guess Thomas doesn't remember :-)

  I believe the main problem is in the non-package targets, e.g.
target-generic-hostname.  They are just added to TARGETS without
further dependencies.  Same is true for the toolchain: it is just
prepended to TARGETS.

  Changing that requires careful thinking about how the TARGETS work,
and is not easy to verify because there are a lot of corner cases involved.

  Regards,
  Arnout
--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540