[Buildroot] Starting from scratch fails - how do I get to a basic PXE boot?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Jul 12 22:13:41 UTC 2012

Le Thu, 12 Jul 2012 10:54:27 +0000,
"Bart J. Smit" <bart at smits.co.uk> a écrit :

> kernel changes for VM:
> 	BR2_LINUX_KERNEL=y
> 	BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_DEFCONFIG=qemu_x86

This line doesn't make sense, since the kernel does not have a
arch/x86/configs/qemu_x86_defconfig file. For x86, only two defconfigs
are available: i386 and x86_64.

> What steps did I miss? Is there a better/easier way to get from a clean buildroot to a working PXE setup?

Does PXE has anything to do with this? I think PXE just boots a kernel
+ optionally an initrd/initramfs, no?

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons