[Buildroot] msgpack-python (0.1.10) and libmsgpack (0.5.7) packaged for buildroot-2011.11

Wojciech Zabolotny wzab01 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 12:58:56 UTC 2012

Hi,

I had to add two packages msgpack-python and libmsgpack to my embedded
system running Linux compiled with buildroot-2011.11
Unfortunately this version of buildroot does not support setuptools,
so I couldn't use the msgpack-python v. 0.2.0, and had to use older v.
0.1.10.
As my buildroot is compiled without C++ support, I had also to disable
the C++ API in libmsgpack.
Adding of those packages to buildroot required small modifications.
Attached is the patch, which adds definition for those packages in the
"package" directory.
Of course you'll need also to add lines:

source "package/libmsgpack/Config.in"
source "package/msgpack-python/Config.in"

in the appropriate section of the package/Config.in file
Wojtek