[Buildroot] Buildroot Udev Compiling

Baruch Siach baruch at tkos.co.il
Sun Jul 1 04:10:23 UTC 2012

Hi Jonas,

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 03:12:27PM +0200, Jonas Keidel wrote:
> >  I can't find the root cause of the problem (in fact, in my case it
> already fails when compiling attr), but my guess is that
> BR2_PREFER_STATIC_LIB is causing trouble.  Do you really need it?
>
> Yes I really need it, because i build an special initramfs booting script
> and for that I need udev static build.
> But maybe it is possible to use it in another way. How can I do it? How can
> I implement udev in my busybox environment?

Busybox includes mdev which is a simplified udev. Note, however, that mdev
relies on the old hotplug mechanism to get device information from the kernel
at run-time. This hostplug mechanism is inherently racy. For the initramfs use
case this should be enough, though.

You may also consider using devtmpfs.

baruch