[Buildroot] Gdb(server) on ARM and uClibc

Anders Darander anders.darander at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 20:18:33 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 21:04, Anders Darander
<anders.darander at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm probably missing something simple when it comes to my
> uClibc-configuration... (Or is there still problems with gdb on uClibc
> and ARM?)
>
> I'm getting "error: No uintptr_t available; your C library is too
> old." when I'm compiling uClibc. I've tried both 7.2.x and 7.3.x. Next
> step will be to merge the tree I've based my work on sofar with
> master, and try 7.4, however I doubt that it'll help me... (I've sofar
> based this work on the tree
> https://github.com/fhunleth/buildroot-beaglebone.git, as I'm working
> on a beaglebone. I know that the tree in question is getting close to
> 2 months behind master now, but apart from the 7.4 inclusion, I
> haven't seen anything in the git log that I immediately recognize as a
> potential solution).

Again, it shows that one should check HEAD first...

After merging my branch cloned from
https://github.com/fhunleth/buildroot-beaglebone.git, with master from
buildroot, I can at least compile gdbserver.

The main differences, gdb 7.3 => 7.4, and uClibc 0.9.32 => 0.9.32.1.
And Peter also had some gdb-related bug fixes, that might have
helped...

Cheers,
Anders