[Buildroot] Image created is not booting, waiting for infinite time

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sun Jan 29 11:44:34 UTC 2012

Le Sun, 29 Jan 2012 17:12:57 +0530,
inblueswithu <inblueswithu at hotmail.com> a écrit :

> The kernel headers version I used is 2.6.37.x. So my kernel on the
> target will be of that version.

Your conclusion is wrong: it is not because you have used the kernel
headers 2.6.37.x that you *must* use 2.6.37 on your target.

Please read carefully:

 The kernel headers version *CAN* be different from the kernel version
 running on the target, as long as the kernel headers version is
 *OLDER* than the kernel version running on the target.

> But the kernel configuration is given as linux-3.1.config
> So, my doubt is, will this new config file which indicates to be for
> kernel 3.1.x version
> work fine with 2.6.37.x version of kernel?

It might require some minor adaptation.

But still, I don't understand your persistence in trying to use 2.6.37
while the qemu_arm_versatile_defconfig is a known working
configuration. Can you please try with that one without any
modification.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons