[Buildroot] Buildroot Developer Day, Friday 3rd February, Brussels

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Fri Jan 27 10:33:20 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 25 January 2012 12:03:12 Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 12:08 AM, Thomas Petazzoni
> <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com> wrote:
[snip]
> > So far, no agenda has been defined for this meeting. It would be great
> > to discuss a list of topics to be discussed at this developer day.
> >

> Some topics we could discuss:

[snip]
> - future directions for buildroot
> -- deprecate customize package
> -- ...

 I have a list of 21 ideas for things that I'd like to change in buildroot.
Any interest in me going over that list?  The most important ones are:

 -- support for overlays (cfr. openembedded)
 -- support for image-in-image (e.g. cpio+kernel on an ext3+grub on an MBR partition)
 -- shared infrastructure for xxx-yyyconfig
 -- shared infrastructure for non-autotools builds

 Also we should make a decision on the host-tools menu that was posted on
the list before.

 Regards,
 Arnout

--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540