[Buildroot] gtkmm in buildroot toolchain

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Jan 27 10:19:28 UTC 2012

Hello,

Le Fri, 27 Jan 2012 08:56:57 +0000 (UTC),
Willy <willy at willygroup.org> a écrit :

> I've some program written in c++ and gtkmm.
>
> Which is the better way to compile them for my embedded system
> between:
>
>  1. Add (somehow) libgtkmm (and other needed libraries) in buildroot
> toolchain 2. Rewrite entirely my programs with gtk+ (and use always
> it in future) 3. Use another graphic library and rewrite all

All options are possible of course, but option 1) is the one that will
allow you to re-use your software as-is. We already have gtk+ support
in Buildroot, and I don't think that gtkmm has many more dependencies
outside of gtk+, so it should be relatively easy to integrate into
Buildroot.

> PS: I need more documentation for buildroot, exist some good book or
> forum for rookie users?

There is some documentation in the Buildroot sources, run 'make manual'
to generate the documentation.

You can also read the documentation online at
http://buildroot.org/downloads/buildroot.html.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons