[Buildroot] Fwd: Re: Cant type anything into Serial Console login

Jigar SOLANKI jigar.solanki at labri.fr
Wed Jan 11 13:18:51 UTC 2012

I just found how to disable hardware/software control using minicom. So,
I disabled both. Same problem : I can't type anything at the login prompt.

Is there any particular configuration that I might miss ? Parity ? Stop
bits? Anything else? Is this comming from the Linux/BusyBox or from the
Serial console program ? Any clues of any kind please folks ?

Thanks.

Le 11/01/2012 13:12, Jigar SOLANKI a écrit :

> --
> Jigar SOLANKI
>
> Envoyé de mon smartphone Android avec K-9 Mail. Excusez la brieveté.
>

> Jigar SOLANKI <jigar.solanki at labri.fr> a écrit :
>
>     Thanks for the quick reply. What is hardware flow control and how to
>     disable it? Didnt know that feature.
>     --
>     Jigar SOLANKI
>
>     Envoyé de mon smartphone Android avec K-9 Mail. Excusez la brieveté.
>

>     Will Newton <will.newton at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
>         On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Jigar SOLANKI <jigar.solanki at labri.fr> wrote:
>         > Hi all and happy new year :-)
>         >
>         > I'm trying to build a Linux Environment using buildroot on a Leon3
>         > architecture.
>         >
>         > I've managed to compile and successfully run the Linux image with
>         > initramfs.
>         > At boot prompt, welcomme tobuildroot, buildroot login, I can't type
>         > anything in there. The serial console client (I've tried Kermit,
>         > Minicom, GTKTerm) just hangs, my keyboard is useless at that time.
>         >
>         > For what I have googled, I already checked the following :
>         >
>         > 1- the kernel command line (console=/dev/ttyS0,115200)
>         >
>         > 2- and also checked in target options->generic serial config->put a
>         > getty on ttyS0, 115200.
>
>         Have you made sure to disable hardware fl
>          ow
>         control?

Jigar SOLANKI

LaBRI - UMR 5800
Université Bordeaux 1
351 Cours de la Libération
F-33405 Talence Cedex
Phone : (+33) 5 4000 24 87
Fax   : (+33) 5 4000 66 69
Web   : http://www.labri.fr/perso/solanki

* Please do not print this e-mail unless it's really necessary *
---