[Buildroot] Cant type anything into Serial Console login

Jigar SOLANKI jigar.solanki at labri.fr
Wed Jan 11 11:46:51 UTC 2012

Hi all and happy new year :-)

I'm trying to build a Linux Environment using buildroot on a Leon3
architecture.

I've managed to compile and successfully run the Linux image with
initramfs.
At boot prompt, welcomme tobuildroot, buildroot login, I can't type
anything in there. The serial console client (I've tried Kermit,
Minicom, GTKTerm) just hangs, my keyboard is useless at that time.

For what I have googled, I already checked the following :

1- the kernel command line (console=/dev/ttyS0,115200)

2- and also checked in target options->generic serial config->put a
getty on ttyS0, 115200.

3- I checked the inittab :

# Set up a couple of getty's
tty1::respawn:/sbin/getty 115200 tty1
tty2::respawn:/sbin/getty 115200 tty2

# Put a getty on the serial port
ttyS0::respawn:/sbin/getty -L ttyS0 115200 vt100 # GENERIC_SERIAL

4- and I checked the /etc/securetty file too (ttyS0 is there).

What am I missing here?

--
Jigar SOLANKI

LaBRI - UMR 5800
Université Bordeaux 1
351 Cours de la Libération
F-33405 Talence Cedex
Phone : (+33) 5 4000 24 87
Fax   : (+33) 5 4000 66 69
Web   : http://www.labri.fr/perso/solanki

* Please do not print this e-mail unless it's really necessary *
---