[Buildroot] Compile Linux with Buildroot for i.MX28 EVK

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Feb 24 20:10:27 UTC 2012

Le Fri, 24 Feb 2012 11:10:04 -0600,
"Michael S. Zick" <minimod at morethan.org> a écrit :

> A better solution -
> Put your device to sleep (suspend to ram).
> It can __resume__ in less than 1 sec.
> It only needs to __re-boot__ after loss of battery power (rare).

While this is a great solution, it may not apply to the automotive
industry: you may want to reduce the power consumption of the device
down to 0, so that the car battery doesn't empty itself if the car is
unused during a long period of time. I guess in terms of boot time
there is no one-size-fits-all solution, the solution very much depends
on the environment and constraints (hardware, allowed power
consumption, etc.).

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons