[Buildroot] BR 2012 & pandaboard :: BOOT issue

MERCADIER Johann johann.mercadier at imerir.com
Thu Feb 23 19:45:26 UTC 2012

Hi,
   with BR 2011.11 I couldn't boot using MLO/u-boot.bin/uImage generated
while building a basic system. I then change to BR 2012 and I still have
the same problem. When using the one provided with an "Ubuntu" distro it
start to boot.
   I have tried different options for the "boot.script" file called
boot.scr and nothing improve it.

   I then have 2 questions:
     i)    Where it is possible to find documentation to write correct
boot.script? as the pdf doc. I found doesn't mention anything helpful
according to the memory mapping. On the net I have found different value to
start the boot process which one is the good one?...
     ii)   Why even the uImage created doesn't work, How using BR I can
generate correct boot files? I have tried to use MLO/u-boot.bin couple from
an Ubuntu distro and use the uImage generated by BR then I got an error
message telling me that it couldn't find the kernel!

   I don't know how to solve this problem neither what I could test next to
make thing going ahead? If you have any ideaS there are welcome!

thanks.

--
Cordialement.

___Johann MERCADIER___

"I am the Unknown lead by the Unknowing.
I have done so much with so little for so long
that I am now qualified to do anything with nothing."
HOOSEEK (http://www.hooseek.com/) 1°moteur de recherche solidaire!