[Buildroot] simple question about dropbear

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Tue Feb 14 09:55:01 UTC 2012

>>>>> "Johannes" == Johannes Teiwes <jteiwes at informatik.uni-bremen.de> writes:

Hi,

 Johannes> I have also BR2_PACKAGE_DROPBEAR_SMALL enabled in my
 Johannes> configuration.  The 'slowness' can be the cause since the
 Johannes> microblaze machine only runs at about 66MHz.

 Johannes> Is there any way to convince dropbear/ssh to use a small (or
 Johannes> precomputed) session key?  If this is possible one could
 Johannes> check, if the system-speed is really the limiting factor.

Not afaik. You could try disabling DROPBEAR_SMALL and rebuild dropbear
(rm -rf output/build/dropbear-*; make)

 Johannes> I am using static device tables and the default dev_table as
 Johannes> my structure - maybe there are some devices missing or
 Johannes> misconfigured for doing ssh right out of the box?

No, it should afaik work out of the box. Does it put anything sensible
in /var/log/messages?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard