[Buildroot] Buildroot RFS Login Question

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Feb 8 16:18:51 UTC 2012

Hi,

 >> I don't see "Login incorrect" anywhere in that log. Did you remember to
 >> use strace -f ?

 Donald> I did use strace -f.  These are the steps I took.  I keep my
 Donald> inittab the same (left ttymxc0::respawn:/sbin/getty -n -L
 Donald> ttymxc0 115200 vt100 -n -l /bin/sh # GENERIC_SERIAL) so I could
 Donald> login without login prompt.  Then I executed this strace
 Donald> command:

 Donald> 	strace -o strace.out -f /bin/login

 Donald> Then I copied the contents of strace.out to the mailing list.
 Donald> I actually had to force a reboot of the system because the
 Donald> strace never terminated because it was hung up somewhere and
 Donald> kept printing out this over and over in the strace.out file:

Ok, but what happened to the "Login incorrect" line? Do you still get
that printed to the serial port?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard