[Buildroot] Reviewing the Buildroot ELC presentation slides

Will Moore will.moore at beraninstruments.com
Wed Feb 8 11:24:50 UTC 2012

Hi Thomas,

Some typo etc suggestions:

Slide 2, "... and Android system development trainings, ...", trainings ->
training
Slide 4, "Those technologies are familiar ...", Those -> These
Slide 4, "... composed only of Busybox, ...", Busybox -> BusyBox or busybox (I
believe), this applies in other slides too.
Slide 7, "Increase of the number ...", of -> in
Slide 14, "... which allows to use existing ..." -> "... which allows use of
existing ..."
Slide 14, "Using this backend allows to completely skip the toolchain build
time." -> "Using an external toolchain removes the toolchain build time."
Slide 14, "This allows to benefit from all Crosstool-NG advantages..." -> "This
allows Buildroot to benefit from all Crosstool-NG's advantages ..."
Slide 15, "Allows to define ..." -> "Allows you to define ..."
Slide 15, "Some misc. other parameters" does not really add anything useful, can
you be more specific?
Slide 19, "Allows to build ..." -> "Allows you to build ..."
Slide 19, Capitalisation consistency: syslinux -> Syslinux
Slide 25, talking about an "internal backend" seems a little clumsy, perhaps
"internal toolchain" would be better.
Slide 29, "... allow to restart ..." -> "... allow you to restart ..."
Slide 31, "boot, bootloaders recipes" -> "boot, bootloader recipes"

To add my 2p to the discussion on "a" versus "an", I agree with Thomas De
Schampheleire and would use a uClibc (you-see-lib-see) and an SDK (ess-dee-kay).

Regards,

Will