[Buildroot] [git commit] boot: only show vendor-specific bootloaders for applicable arm variant

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Feb 2 15:56:25 UTC 2012

 >> Atmel at91sam9 and NXP lpc32xx are both all arm926t, so only show
 >> then if that arm variant is selected.

 Thomas> Technically this is correct, but I am pretty sure a lot of
 Thomas> people keep the default "generic_arm" and therefore would not
 Thomas> see the availability of AT91Bootstrap or the LPC bootloaders.

 Thomas> For example, if you use a CodeSourcery external toolchain,
 Thomas> there is basically no difference between generic_arm and
 Thomas> arm926t, because the toolchain already defaults to armv5t.

True. Is that a common use case? If so then I'll revert.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard