[Buildroot] Using a precompiled busybox toolchain as an external toolchain

Willy Lambert lambert.willy at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 12:56:54 UTC 2012

2012/12/18 Willy Lambert <lambert.willy at gmail.com>:
> 2012/12/18 Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com>:
>> Dear Willy Lambert,
>>
>> On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 16:19:47 +0100, Willy Lambert wrote:
>>
>>> aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. To be honest an entry
>>> in the manual to state this would be nice.
>>
>> Indeed. Feel free to submit a patch for the manual :-)
>>

> yes, but how ? Should I edit html files by and in the docs/manual folder ?
> I'm not at ease with git, so I will see during hollidays if I can do
> something with it.
>
>>> thanks, should I understand that I can't publish the buildroot
>>> toolchain on another  PC without installing it at the __same__ place ?

may I bump this, how should I edit documentation ?

I succeeded in creating the toolchain in "MY_TOOLCAHIN_PATH", but :
_ if I do a make clean it disapear, so I suppose I have to change
BR2_HOST_DIR back the default value after having creating the
toolchain ?
_ what's happening if I create several toolchain for several arch in
the same "MY_TOOLCHAIN_PATH ? does they override or do they install
nicely both in the same dir ?
_ what is the path I have to give to buildroot ? "MY_TOOLCHAIN_PATH'
or something like "MY_TOOLCHAIN_PATH'/usr/...