[Buildroot] XBMC

Belisko Marek marek.belisko at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 23:00:14 UTC 2012

Dear Maxime Hadjinlian,

On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 12:58 AM, Maxime Hadjinlian
<maxime.hadjinlian at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I wanted to add XBMC to buildroot, but since it's a pretty big
> application with a lot of dependency, I have created a separated tree
> at github :
> https://github.com/maximeh/buildroot
I was look at some last of your commits and the are some things which
could be good to fix before sending patches for review:
1. new packages doesn't contain licence info in mk file
2. new packages doesn't have link to webpage
3. packages which are autotools based don't need INSTALL_TARGET = YES
(it is default)
4. some packages are located at github and git protocol is used to
fetch. Please convert
according: http://buildroot.uclibc.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#github-download-url
5. lot of new packages contains really big patches (e.g.: afpfs-ng).
Patches should be post upstream
to avoid adding then to BR.

> I would like to know if it would be of any interest to upstream this
> before sending all theses patches for review ?
>
> Thanks

Cheers,

mbe

--