[Buildroot] Any way to override .config settings?

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Thu Dec 20 00:04:00 UTC 2012

On 19/12/12 23:20, Charles Manning wrote:
> I need to be able to build a system from an svn repository using a
> bunch of different revisions for different elements. For example, I
> might want to use the kernel at r 1234, u-boot at r 4567 and the
> rootfs+apps at r 3344.

  Uh? Sounds like a horrible idea to me.

> Now I could achieve this by going into the .config with menuconfig and
> changing the config, but I would prefer to be able to have a file of
> revisions to use and have buildroot pick up those revision symbols
> instead.

  I don't see the relation between the .config and svn revisions.

> I guess there are a few ways this could be handled:
>
> 1) Is there a built in mechanism in buildroot to include extra symbols
> and override those in .config?

  Yes, the package override file: BR2_PACKAGE_OVERRIDE_FILE, defaults to
$(TOPDIR)/local.mk. I use this to include a bunch of project-specific .mk
files that add packages without requiring a Config.in.

  Regards,
  Arnout

--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540