[Buildroot] buildroot at FOSDEM

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Dec 18 08:38:39 UTC 2012

Dear Arnout Vandecappelle,

On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 09:02:15 +0100, Arnout Vandecappelle wrote:

>   Deadlines for FOSDEM are approaching fast (i.e., this Thursday or
> Friday). There are a few devrooms where a buildroot presentation
> would fit:
>
> - Community Development and Marketing: 5, 15 or 30 minute
> presentation about the community process of buildroot.
>
> - Cross-distro devroom: buildroot as a distro, 30 or 60 minutes.
>
> - Testing and Automation devroom: the buildroot autobuilder concept
> in 10 or 30 minutes.
>
>   Any takers?

Does it really fit in the "Cross-distro devroom" ? I guess by "Cross"
they don't mean "cross-compilation", but rather exchanges between
distributions such as Gentoo, Fedora, Ubuntu, etc. Does Buildroot
really fit in the middle of those discussions? I believe we have quite
different use cases, needs, requirements, etc.

But in any case, I'm definitely interested in proposing a talk related
to Buildroot. Let's sync on how's going to propose what.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons