[Buildroot] 2012.08-rc3 skipping python modules during build

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Wed Aug 29 00:35:43 UTC 2012

On 08/29/12 01:18, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Le Tue, 28 Aug 2012 08:43:38 -0700,
> Eric Seifert<eric.seifert at cyaninc.com>  a écrit :
>
>> Hello, I have been using the stable 2012.05 build without issue and wanted
>> to try the latest rc3. I have a few extra python modules I have added to
>> the external python modules section. It seems in the latest rc3 is not
>> building them or even downloading the packages even though they are
>> selected in the menuconfig, they are just ignored. It works in the stable
>> 2012.05 build. When I select one of the existing external modules such as
>> pthon-serial, it does get built.
>
> You aren't giving enough details to provide a final answer, but my
> guess is that you should replace:
>
> $(eval $(call GENTARGETS))
>
> by
>
> $(eval $(generic-package))
>
> at the end of your Python external modules .mk files.

  Maybe we should temporarily add something like

GENTARGETS = $$(error The GENTARGETS macro no longer exists; use $$$$(eval $$$$(generic-package)) or $$$$(eval
$$$$(generic-host-package)))

  Regards,
  Arnout

--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540