[Buildroot] Busybox Mips

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at sunsite.dk
Sun Aug 26 07:12:30 UTC 2012

>>>>> "Francisco" == Francisco Prado <panchopapadezoe at gmail.com> writes:

 Francisco> Thanks Peter Korsgaard!!

 Francisco> There's your version of buildroot 8.2011 containing the
 Francisco> proper Busybox. Already compiled. In the output folder /
 Francisco> build / busybox find two binaries: busybox and
 Francisco> busybox_unstripped. Which one should I use?

busybox, but buildroot already copies it to your target /bin/busybox so
you don't have to copy anything manually.

 Francisco> Which settings should I select for the binary function
 Francisco> properly in a custom Android ROM 4.0.3?  Very very thanks.

Wait, you cannot expect to take a (dynamically linked) binary from
buildroot and run it on Android. If you want to build busybox for
Android then I suggest you build it by hand using the Android cross
compiler.

You CAN do it with buildroot as well if you link statically (Build
options->prefer static libraries), but it's not really meant to be used
like that.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard