[Buildroot] The TARGET TOOLCHAIN wan't work

rechid miloi in.hiring at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 09:22:42 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've made a buildroot based system for x86_64 to which I've
successfully added PAM, MINGETTY, ...etc. But some of packages I've to
add can't be cross compiled. So I decided
to use the target gcc/binutils by activating
BR2_TARGET_GCC,BR2_TARTGET_BINUTILS,
BR2_TARGET_DEVFILE and I've deactivated uClibc striping.

When I try to compile a simple program :
#include <stdio.h>
main () {
 printf("Hello %s","samy");
}

It works !

But when trying to compile for example the "file" package I got this message :

.../bin/ld: ..../libc.a(libc-cancellation.os): realocation
R_X86_64_PC32 against undefined symbol '__pthread_unwind' can not be
used when making a shared object; recompile with fPIC

So I've recompiled the entire system with '-fPIC -DPIC" without success.

NOTA :
   - The problem occurs with other packages on other library and other symbols.
   - The R_X86_64_PC32 is present when using readelf on the "libc_pic.a".

Samy FODIL,