[Buildroot] libev on armv5 - illegal instruction

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Aug 10 19:56:23 UTC 2012

Hello,

Le Fri, 10 Aug 2012 09:31:23 +0200,
"Jan Pohanka" <xhpohanka at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Now I also discovered that the problem is machine specific. I have two
> hosts using exactly the same cross-compiler and buildroot. One works and
> the second one (my workstation) does not.
>
> working host (Ubuntu 11.10) uname -a
> Linux linux-dev 3.0.0-23-server #39-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jul 19 19:37:41 UTC
> 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> my workstation (Ubuntu 12.04 lts) uname -a
> Linux pohanka-pc 3.2.0-27-generic #43-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 6 14:25:57 UTC
> 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

The toolchain is not downloaded by Buildroot in your .config. Are you
sure you have the same toolchain on both build machines?

Also, could you put online:

 - A complete build log on both machines (make clean && make)
 - The two binaries that are different and causing problems

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons