[Buildroot] Added quick and dirty packaging of lua-msgpack-native

Samuel Martin s.martin49 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 19:13:23 UTC 2012

Hi Wojciech,

2012/8/5 Wojciech M. Zabolotny <wzab01 at gmail.com>:
> I needed to add the fast msgpack implementation of msgpack library for Lua
> I've choosen the lua-msgpack-native implementation available at:
> https://github.com/kengonakajima/lua-msgpack-native
>
> Unfortunately, I couldn't (didn't know how to?) create the package
> description, where the source is downloaded as a single file
> (namely: https://github.com/kengonakajima/lua-msgpack-native/raw/master/mp.c )
> I tried to create the source directory in the package definition like:
> LUA_MSGPACK_NATIVE_SITE = file://$(TOPDIR)/package/lua-msgpack-native/src
> LUA_MSGPACK_NATIVE_METHOD = local
> but it didn't work for me - buildroot still tried to download the tarball.
Actually, by overriding LUA_MSGPACK_NATIVE_METHOD, you are on the right path ;)
Just set:
LUA_MSGPACK_NATIVE_VERSION = <commit>
LUA_MSGPACK_NATIVE_SITE = <git repo url>
LUA_MSGPACK_NATIVE_METHOD = git

Here is an example:
http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/tree/package/omap-u-boot-utils/omap-u-boot-utils.mk

Cheers,