[Buildroot] ext-toolchain-wrapper issues

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sat Aug 4 16:58:14 UTC 2012

Hello,

Le Sat, 4 Aug 2012 11:25:40 -0500,
Dallas Clement <dallas.a.clement at gmail.com> a écrit :

> > Interesting, I'm also working around the Armada 370 and Armada XP.
> > What are you doing with this platform?
>
> Building a NAS product.
>
> > The Armada XP support in mainline doesn't need machine type, it uses
> > the device tree.
>
> Marvell provides a patch to the 3.0.6 kernel, which definitely
> provides machine types.  They have 3 or 4 defconfigs for the Armada
> XP.

Ok. We are currently mainlining support for the Armada XP, but it's far
from being complete enough to build a NAS product right now.

> > Is this Marvell toolchain available somewhere so I can try to
> > reproduce the problem?
>
> You have to get it from Marvell's extranet.  Need to register first.
> Pls contact Erez who is the FAE if you need help getting in
> (ereza at marvell.com).

Ok, then I will not be able to do this right now. I am behind a 3G
connection during my holidays, so I will not do a full toolchain
download.

> I'll do that.  It would be nice to get it figured out.  Will let you
> know what I find.

Yes, that would be good, thanks!

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons