[Buildroot] avoiding the need to enter password

Kevin Wilson wkevils at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 13:55:08 UTC 2012

Thanks.

> doing so that anyone connecting to your
> system with a serial port has direct root access.
This is ok.

I tried it replacing  /bin.sh instead of the
/sbin/getty line in /etc/inittab and indeed it boots into prompt
without need to enter password.
Is there a way to enforce it running the /etc/profile in boot
in such a case ?
(It seems to me that /etc/profile is not executed)

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Thomas Petazzoni