[Buildroot] Manual password entry for DOWNLOAD_SCP scheme

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin+buildroot at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 06:42:31 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 6:47 PM, Steve Goldberg
<indeliblesteve at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Please keep the buildroot mailing list in copy of all mails.
>
> Sorry.  Will try and remember, reply all.
>
>> > This is a summary of the ti-tools.mk.
>> >
>> > XDC_VERSION=3_16_01_27
>> > XDC_SITE=scp://host:/home/steve/TI_Tools
>> > XDC_SOURCE=xdctools_setuplinux_$(XDC_VERSION).bin
>> >
>> > $(DL_DIR)/$(XDC_SOURCE) :
>> > $(call DOWNLOAD_SCP,$(XDC_SITE)/$(XDC_SOURCE))
>>
>> Note that you should call DOWNLOAD instead of DOWNLOAD_SCP directly.
>> This will make sure to respect the primary site and other mechanisms
>> that are in place.
>
> I tried this initially but I got "Unsupported scheme `scp'."  When I use
> DOWNLOAD_SCP directly, it worked.  I think it's because I've placed the
> package in 'toolchain' not in the 'package' directory as it is technically a
> toolchain not a target package.

The message "Unsupported scheme" comes from wget. This indicates that
the scp download command was not tried. With a recent buildroot, the
scheme is auto-detected.
See commit http://git.buildroot.org/buildroot/commit/?id=77e26972187b9cda1a8f22ca74da154687c9ab1a

If you have an older buildroot installation, you have to set
<PKG>_SITE_METHOD=scp explicitly.

Whether the package is placed in toolchain/ or package/ does not
matter for this.