[Buildroot] How do you add to library path?

Michael S. Zick minimod at morethan.org
Sat Apr 28 10:44:20 UTC 2012

On Fri April 27 2012, Arnout Vandecappelle wrote:
> On Thursday 26 April 2012 19:42:01 Grant Edwards wrote:
> > What's the right way to permanently add a directory to the search path
> > for dynamic libraries?  (Preferably at build-time, rather than at
> > run-time.)
>
>  You could use the -rpath linker option, but that risks conflicts with
> libraries installed on the host (the linker puts rpath in front of the
> library search path, disregarding the sysroot, so if a library with the
> same name exists in that path on the host, the linker will link with that
> one instead of the cross-compiled one).

At a guess (untried by myself), it might be possible to use objcopy to
add/change the rpath information __after__ the build is otherwise complete.

I.E: For the case where the rpath information added is for the target's use,
rather than the build host's use.

I do not know for certain if objcopy can access or change the rpath
information field in an object, I have never seen or read about it being done.

Mike