[Buildroot] Buildroot SKIPS PATCHES ???

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin+buildroot at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 05:39:55 UTC 2012

Hi Stefan,

[Please keep the buildroot list in copy, and don't top-post]

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 6:44 PM, Stefan Fröberg
<stefan.froberg at petroprogram.com> wrote:
> Hi Thomas
>
> Thank You very much of investigating this.
>
> Yes,  everytime the patching failed I first deleted the whole wvstreams
> source directory from output/build and tried rebuilding it again but no joy.
>
> What version of Buildroot are you using ?

I had tested this with revision 5ee4614c4e72dfab4e8f36186fc8ef4ab05fb9a9.

> I have included here the screenshots of my version of Buildroot and the
> very beginning of wvstreams building process.
> It just skips all the files in patching process, even tought the
> xplc-package has no problem at all of applying that single patch it has.
>
> So should I get a latest version of Buildroot and try it there ?

I guess that you are not subscribed to the mailing list, and thus have
not seen Ludovic's response:
http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2012-April/052921.html

He refers to this patch:
http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/?id=7c717bbfffea0c55d348435e9b98e492b11b9177

If this is indeed the problem in your case, I see three ways forward:
- check if you have any .patch file in the root of the buildroot
directory. If I understood the problem that Ludovic fixed correctly,
it is only triggered if there is a .patch file in there. If you have
such a file, move it elsewhere.

- Use a snapshot of a recent buildroot tree, see
http://buildroot.org/downloads/snapshots/

- Keep the version you are currently using, but apply the mentioned
patch manually.

If your problem is not solved by any of these steps, I suggest you add
some traces in the package/Makefile.package.in Makefile around the
patch code, and in the apply-patches.sh script.