[Buildroot] Kernel does not boot on I.MX28

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Apr 13 09:23:51 UTC 2012

Le Fri, 13 Apr 2012 11:06:45 +0200,
Mikael Åsberg <mikael.asberg at mdh.se> a écrit :

> For example, I have developed a new scheduler for Linux which is a kernel module.
> If I want to run this scheduler in the Linux kernel on my I.MX28 board, I need to compile this kernel module.
> Do I compile this module on my host machine with (arm-linux-gcc) and then transfer this binary to the board?

You should definitely compile it on your host machine, that's the
easiest solution.

If you have properly use Kbuild for the build system of your module,
you should simply add
ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/path/to/buildroot/output/host/usr/bin/arm-linux-
to the build arguments.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons