[Buildroot] Kernel does not boot on I.MX28

Mikael Åsberg mikael.asberg at mdh.se
Fri Apr 13 09:06:45 UTC 2012

Hi,

>I dont understand what you mean here? Why, and how should the compiler
>be included in the kernel?

For example, I have developed a new scheduler for Linux which is a kernel module.
If I want to run this scheduler in the Linux kernel on my I.MX28 board, I need to compile this kernel module.
Do I compile this module on my host machine with (arm-linux-gcc) and then transfer this binary to the board?
Or do I compile the module on the target board?

Mikael Åsberg
PhD student (Doktorand), Computer Engineering
School of Innovation, Design and Engineering
Mälardalen University, Västerås Sweden
Phone: +46(0)21 101502
Room nr: U1-145
Mail: mikael.asberg at mdh.se