[Buildroot] udhcpc when link is up

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Apr 4 19:18:22 UTC 2012

>>>>> "Charles" == Charles Krinke <charles.krinke at gmail.com> writes:

 Charles> I have another noob question concerning dhcp this time.
 Charles> I observer with our MPC8323 system that if the system is booted with
 Charles> the network cable disconnected and after boot the cable is connected,
 Charles> I get the proper "Link is Up" message, but dhcp does not request a
 Charles> lease.

 Charles> If I run "udhcpc", the network is then setup properly, but I would
 Charles> like "Link is Up:" to trigger udhcpc. I do not see a script in
 Charles> /etc/udhcpc/default.script.

 Charles> Can someone point this "noob for the day" in an appropriate direction
 Charles> to understand how to cause "Link is Up" to properly obtain a lease,
 Charles> please?

Have a look at ifplugd (either the standalone version or the busybox
applet). It monitors the network interface and runs ifup on link.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard