[Buildroot] Building hangs on a RHEL 6 machine

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Sep 20 15:35:21 UTC 2011

Hello,

Le Tue, 20 Sep 2011 11:16:27 -0400,
Rishi <rishid+mailman at gmail.com> a écrit :

> I am trying to build a uclibc toolchain on a Redhat 6 machine and it
> hangs. The last lines printed have been reproduced below:
>
> The config file I am using has been attached, I built the exact same
> config file just fine on a Ubuntu 10.04 machine but my work uses
> Redhat and need to be able to build it there.  The pertinent options
> are: Buildroot toolchain, Kernel headers, 2.6.36.x, uClibc v0.9.32.x
> and default config file.
>
> Any thoughts?

Can you post the relevant part of the "ps auxf" command executed when
the Buildroot build hangs ? I.e, the part of the process tree that
starts at the main Buildroot make command. This will allow us to see on
which process/step the build process is hanging.

I guess Redhat 6 is now publicly available, so we cannot reproduce the
problem. Do you reproduce the problem with publicly available operating
systems, such as CentOS, so that we can reproduce ?

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons