[Buildroot] Questions related to "Incorrect selection of the C library" error

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Sep 15 09:41:54 UTC 2011

Le Thu, 15 Sep 2011 11:20:44 +0200,
stl <st.lambert02 at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Effectively, my port of uClibc is not installed in the same directory
> than my toolchain.
> Because, the version of the toolchain I use is compiled with newlib
> as C library, instead of uClibc.
>
> And my problem with the ld-uclibc.so.* comes from I have not done
> anything yet that deals with
> dynamic linker in my port of uClibc.
>
> It seems that some work remains to be done...

With a bit tuning, Buildroot can work with a toolchain that does not
support shared libraries (so you can postpone the work on the dynamic
linker later on). But it needs to be a real toolchain, not a bare-metal
compiler on one side and the C library on the other side.

So before diving into the dynamic linking stuff and shared libraries, I
would recommend you to work on getting a proper toolchain built, either
with Buildroot or Crosstool-NG (I would suggest the latter). If you
have a working binutils/gcc/uClibc port, integrating the support for
your arch in Crosstool-NG should not be very complicated.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons