[Buildroot] buildroot-2011.08, crosstool-ng-1.12.1, and Samba

Scott Dudley scott at telesoft.com
Thu Sep 1 23:02:56 UTC 2011

I've been using buildroot + crosstool-ng targeted for i486 and glibc
successfully for some time.

I was asked today to include Samba in my target build.  Simple enough.
Compiled without issue however both nmbd and smbd segfault on
execution.  If I run them interactively via the -i flag, I see much of
the following:

init_iconv: Conversion from UTF-16LE to CP850 not supported
init_iconv: Attempting to replace with conversion from UTF-16LE to ASCII
init_iconv: Conversion from UTF-8 to CP850 not supported
init_iconv: Attempting to replace with conversion from ASCII to ASCII
init_iconv: Conversion from ANSI_X3.4-1968 to CP850 not supported
init_iconv: Attempting to replace with conversion from ASCII to ASCII
init_iconv: Conversion from CP850 to UTF-16LE not supported
init_iconv: Attempting to replace with conversion from ASCII to UTF-16LE
init_iconv: Conversion from CP850 to UTF-8 not supported
init_iconv: Attempting to replace with conversion from ASCII to ASCII

I see no option in buildroot to build libiconv.

Any guidance/assistance is very much appreciated.