[Buildroot] how BR download the linux kernel now

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Sep 1 07:12:13 UTC 2011

Hello Raymond,

Le Tue, 23 Aug 2011 16:30:29 -0400,
raymond zhao <raymond.zhao.ml at gmail.com> a écrit :

> BR 2011.08 rc was released and I did not see this feature in there? Is
> it still going to happened in 2011.08 release?
> Please add this feature if possible, it is really useful.

The feature that allows to override the source directory for a package
hasn't been integrated in 2011.08 because it was too late in the
development cycle to integrate it.

However, I was posted yesterday a new version of the patches and I hope
to get them merged for the 2011.11. At least this time I am not late: I
posted the patches the exact day 2011.08 was released, so I couldn't do
earlier than that in the development cycle :-)

If you have the opportunity to test those patches, it would be great.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons