[Buildroot] [RFC] Slides "Using Buildroot for real projects"

Baruch Siach baruch at tkos.co.il
Tue Oct 18 07:26:38 UTC 2011

Hi Thomas,

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 06:47:18PM +0200, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> At ELCE, I will be talking about "Using Buildroot for real projects".
> You can see my talk summary at
> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/embedded-linux-conference-europe/petazzoni.
>
> The current (unfinished) status of my slides is visible at:
>   http://free-electrons.com/~thomas/pub/using-buildroot-real-project.pdf
>
> The goal of the talk is to give some recommendations and best practices
> on how to use Buildroot. As I'm sure I forgot a lot of things in my
> slides above, I'd like to know what you, Buildroot developers/users,
> would have to say on the topic, so that I can improve the contents of
> this presentation.

A few comments.

1. Slide 7: maybe elaborate a bit on the meaning of "It does not track which
   package installs what", i.e. you can't uninstall (or install) a package
   form the target.

2. Slide 14 header: maybe "External toolchains: HOWTO"

3. Slide 19: the sysroot copying stage seems to be missing

4. Slide 22: the 'echo' command is missing '-e'?

5. Slides 23-26: headers should be "... (x/5)"

6. Slide 27: old style CMAKETARGETS

By the way, is there a link to the TeX (or DocBook?) source of this
presentation.  I'd really like to learn a few Beamer tricks, like the source
box in slides 17, 18.

baurch

--
                                                     ~. .~   Tk Open Systems