[Buildroot] [RFC] Slides "Using Buildroot for real projects"

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Mon Oct 17 21:13:46 UTC 2011

 Thomas> Hello,
 Thomas> At ELCE, I will be talking about "Using Buildroot for real projects".
 Thomas> You can see my talk summary at
 Thomas> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/embedded-linux-conference-europe/petazzoni.

 Thomas> The current (unfinished) status of my slides is visible at:
 Thomas>   http://free-electrons.com/~thomas/pub/using-buildroot-real-project.pdf

Thanks, a few quick comments:

p3: s/How it works?/How does it work?/
p5: minor, configuration doesn't match output on p6
p7: "It does not track which packages installs what" <- Is that
    important to know how it works?
p9: use uclibc and rootfs size would be half ;)
p11: s/needs to build rebuilt/needs to be rebuilt/
p11: s/built with crosstool-NG/from above/
p12: s/knows some/contains presets for/
p12: s/well-known toolchains/well-known binary toolchains/
p14: s/for it build/for it to build/
p16: "Up to Buildroot 2011.11" reads a bit odd to me (E.G. is it now
     fixed or not?) Perhaps simply say "Until recently, it wasn't easy
     to use Buildroot with a custom"

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard