[Buildroot] Bug in pkg-stats?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Oct 6 07:52:33 UTC 2011

Le Wed, 05 Oct 2011 21:08:07 +0200,
Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at uclibc.org> a écrit :

> Well, I think the info in useful, but as buildroot already knows the
> version (except for unconfigured packages), wouldn't it make more
> sense to add a <pkg>-version target to GENTARGETS and use that
> instead?

I agree here. Grepping/seding/awking into the .mk file sounds horrible
and does not work for package that do:

pkg_VERSION = $(pkg_VERSION_MAJOR).5

So, yes, if you want to do this, please add a <pkg>-show-version in
GENTARGETS, just as we have <pkg>-show-depends. Of course, this will
slow down quite a bit the pkg-stats script, but we don't really need
this script to be fast.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons