[Buildroot] Question: Multiple versions of a package.

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Oct 4 05:25:45 UTC 2011

Hello,

Le Mon, 3 Oct 2011 19:12:48 -0500,
H Hartley Sweeten <hartleys at visionengravers.com> a écrit :

> Using your suggestion (2) I was able to add both libsigc++ packages
> and finally get the ParaGUI package to compile.
>
> I have already submitted a patch to move package/libsigc to
> package/libsigc2.

Yes, I have seen that, but it does not rename the config option to
_LIBSGIC2, so there is an inconsistency between the package directory,
the package name and the config option, which, with the latest
developments in Buildroot Git, will probably break.

> If that one looks ok I'll submit the patches to add
> libsigc++1.2 and ParaGUI for review.

Yes, sure.

> Two issues I found with the ParaGUI package.
>
> 1) There is an error in one of the source files that breaks the build.
> 2) There is a bug in the configure script that breaks the sdl library
> linkage.
>
> I have patches for both of these as part of the package/paragui
> patch.  Is this normally how something like this would be handled?

Yes exactly.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons