[Buildroot] User-enabled host packages?

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Sat Oct 1 20:11:10 UTC 2011

On Friday 30 September 2011 19:58:05, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> > > All these Config.in.host
> > >   files are included in a single "Packages -> Host utitities"
> > > submenu, from package/Config.in. There is no need to create
> > > subsections in this menu at the moment, since the number of
> > > utilities shown here is suspected to remain limited.
> >

> > If you want to add the new menu under Packages, then the description
> > of that menu should change. Currently it is:
> > "Package Selection for the target"
> > A proposal is simply:
> > "Package selection"
> >

> > The alternative is as proposed earlier: to put the menu at top-level.
>
> No strong opinion here. Perhaps a new top-level menu is better, I don't
> know.

 I also prefer a new top-level menu.

 However, what do we do with the bootloader installers (i.e. host-grub and
friends)?  It would feel a little strange to move them out of the bootloader
menu...

 Regards,
 Arnout

--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540