[Buildroot] [RFC] Add systemd to buildroot

Maxime Ripard maxime.ripard at free-electrons.com
Wed Nov 23 21:35:54 UTC 2011

Hi Marek,

Le 23/11/2011 22:14, Belisko Marek a écrit :
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Maxime Ripard
> <maxime.ripard at free-electrons.com>  wrote:
>> I've been working for some time on adding systemd to buildroot in a nice way. It
>> is now in a pretty nice state I guess, at least nice enough to send an RFC and
>> get some review about the basic mechanics.
>>
>> While the system should boot with systemd, for a reason unknown to me, udev
>> doesn't take into account its rules, and don't tag the devices for systemd,
>> which, in turn, doesn't expose a getty.
>>
>> Another problem is that I still have some sysv init scripts added to the
>> filesystem through the skeleton. Since it is completely static, I don't find a
>> good way around this problem. Maybe we don't care. I don't know.
>>
>> So, give it a look, and please tell me what you think :)
> thanks for good work. I don't see any patches where adding systemd
> specific services.
> Are they in your queue or this was only basic patches?

It's still a work to be done.
Once we will have a nice way to add systemd to buildroot, which is not
sure yet, I guess we will add the systemd units one unit at a time.

This patchset was more to send a proof of concept and all agree on the
path to follow, so adding the units seem a little too early.

Maxime